Search This Blog

Sunday 28 April 2013

Sweet Catalina Salad Dressing

Do you like Catalina salad dressing? Catalina and Ranch used to be my two favorites! 

I was craving a big salad for supper tonight with lots of cremini mushrooms but didn't know what to make for a dressing. So I looked in my fridge to find a red pepper, a tomato, a mango and a lemon. I blended the four ingredients together and it was delish! So tasty and it reminded me a little of Catalina salad dressing. So I googled a Catalina recipe and added a few ingredients to my blended fruit dressing. I added one clove of garlic, one green onion, 2 pitted medjool dates and 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder. And voila, Catalina dressing for the first time in over a year. It was delicious!


My salad was very sweet and simple: 2 heads of romaine lettuce, one chopped tomato, a container of cremini mushrooms sliced, and 2 chopped and pitted medjool dates. It was the perfect combination for the Catalina dressing. It's made entirely of fresh veggies and fruit, so it's naturally low fat, oil free, dairy-free, gluten-free, raw, vegan yumminess. 

Catalina Salad Dressing

Ingredients:

1 tomato
1 red pepper
1 mango
1 lemon
1 green onion
1 glove of garlic
2 pitted medjool dates
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder

Directions:

  1.  Wash and chop up the tomato, red pepper, mango and green onion and throw in the high speed blender or food processor. 
  2. Squeeze the lemon from one lemon and add in the lemon juice. Try not to get the seeds in.
  3. Remove the pits and chop up two medjool dates and add to the blender/processor.
  4. Toss in the garlic and 1/4 tsp of mustard powder.
  5. Blend on high speed and enjoy!!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! What other salad dressings do you like or miss? I will try to make a healthy version of it if you leave a comment below!

Please Like | Share | Comment

Like and subscribe to Naturally Ashley on facebook to receive recipes, motivation and inspirational posts, at https://www.facebook.com/NaturallyAshleyNutrition





No comments:

Post a Comment