Search This Blog

Saturday 6 April 2013

Bananarific Hair Mask - 2 Videos

I'm sure it's no shock to anyone that my next venture in my Shampoo-free challenge was to try a banana hair mask! I'm actually shocked that it took me this long to realize it! So happy with the results, here's how it went:

Banana Hair Mask
What did I do Friday night? You won't be surprised to hear that I had a date with a bowl of puréed bananas. My friend Pam sent me a message talking about different natural hair treatments and of course bananas was one of them. Bananas are good for everything! I should have known that they would take care of my dry scalp issues. 

This is a demo of me using the banana mask:


I pureed around 5 ripe bananas in the blender, which ended up being too much. I would do three next time. It went on easy and I was able to really massage it in. The I left it on for an hour before rinsing.
I loved the smell and the fact that I could eat it if I felt like a snack! 

This video is the Banana Mask Results: 



I rinsed it out an hour later to find that there was no way that I was getting a comb through it. It clicked that I should do an apple cider vinegar rinse...I didn't want to loose the sweet smell of bananas, but I knew the vinegar would work to detangle my hair.  I could also see that I hadn't rinsed all of the banana out anyways. It turns out that bananas are difficult to rinse out of your hair and I still have some tiny flakes. Besides the sugar flakes, this was a huge success! I absolutely love the way my hair feels. The banana worked better than the baking soda to cut the oils and my hair is so light and bouncy today!  

Bananas for the WIN, yet another reason to love them. 
(seriously, why didn't I think of this before??)


Lots of love and bananas, 

Naturally Ashley
xo

To follow my no shampoo challenge check out my Youtube account and Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/user/naturallyashleyNASH

And check me out on Facebook too:



2 comments:

  1. So, how often will you use your banana mask now that you know you like it? Once a week? More often? Less often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista! Im thinking once a week or every two at first: ) or whenever I get the urge. The ladies that I'm following that have gone two years without shampoo, rarely use anything and I am looking forward to getting to that point!

    ReplyDelete