Search This Blog

Monday 27 May 2013

Top 5 Benefits from the 10 Day Juice Cleanse & Frickin' FruitLuck!

Hi Everyone! Today is day 4 of re-introducing foods back into my diet!
 I broke my fast on Friday with....
DATES! 
Surprise Surprise!

I have been eating mostly fruit so far. Yesterday I incorporated some fruit veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini. My sisters and I went to Chris Kendell's Frickin' FruitLuck in Saskatoon- sooo much fun! I loved meeting new fruity and furry friends and sharing mangos, watermelon, bananas, oranges and smiles. 
(No durian - I might have to bring one next time!) 

WATCH FOR A FRUITLUCK COMING TO MOOSE JAW SOON! 







We went to the farmers market after and scored some of the most amazing mini-cucumbers, tomatoes, and chard. I think I ate a whole bag of cucumbers on the way home...and a bag of tomatoes! For supper I made zucchini noodles with a simple marinara - fat free. I haven't added fats back in yet. I'm going to add in greens today and make a green smoothie for lunch! 

                                                     Farmers Market in Saskatoon

I believe that re-introducing foods is the most important part of the juice cleanse. You have the chance here to learn so much about your body. I have been introducing in foods slowly to listen to how each one effects how I feel. I will listen to how I feel right after eating, then I check in again about two hours after and ask myself: 

*How is my body feeling now?
*What is my energy level at?
*How is my digestion?
*Do I notice any headaches/other aches or pains?
*What kind of mood am I in?

Doing this you can learn what foods irritate your digestive system and your mood. 
FOOD AFFECTS YOUR MOOD! 

Here are the top 5 benefits I noticed on my juice cleanse:

  1. Clear skin - Oh my gosh, my skin is glowing - with not a blemish or pimple in sight!
  2. Amazing reduction in allergies - I cannot believe how clear my sinuses are. Especially in the morning. I even went to help a friend paint her new house and it didn't even bother me. I am usually so sensitive that being in a house with paint fumes would have knocked me out for a week! I even sat by a campfire Saturday night!
  3. No scalp irritation! - Those pesky flakes and itchy scalp disappeared on my cleanse! I was thinking it was due to overt fats and I am so curious to see if they return when I add nuts and seed back into my diet!
  4. Detoxing physically and emotionally - I was able to let go of some emotional baggage that I was carrying around. The cleanse forced me to slow down and relax. I had the chance to sit with my thoughts and emotions instead of distracting myself with keeping busy! I lost about a pound a day - I look and feel great about my body. And I feel stronger durning my workouts at the gym now! I could do way more reps at TRX on Saturday - Bonus!
  5. Enhanced senses - like mental clarity and a super sharp sense of smell! I could smell every single odour in a room - I still haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing yet! Haha! ...It's actually a great thing because with the enhanced sense of smell comes an enhanced sense of taste - fruits and vegetables have so much more flavor! It has helped huge so far with reducing my cravings for salt. 



A popular question that I was asked was, 'Where do you get your protein on a juice cleanse?'

Answer: The same place that I get them when I'm not juice fasting - from GREENS! 

Green juices in particular are rather rich in protein – 10 grams per serving (16-20 glass). To put it in perspective, 1 ounce of meat, fish or poultry, 1 egg, 1 cup milk each have 6-8 grams of protein.

Here’s a list of several raw sources of protein you can juice:

• Asparagus
• Beet Greens

• Broccoli 
• Cabbage
• Cauliflower
• Collard Greens
• Kale
• Mustard Greens
• Spinach
• Swiss Chard
• Sprouts 
• Tomatoes
• Turnip Greens

If you have any questions, please comment below! I would love to hear from you!

Until next time, 

Lots of love and fresh squeezed hugs, 

Naturally Ashley
xo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NaturallyAshleyNutrition
Email: naturallyashleynutrition@gmail.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/naturallyashleyNASH 
Twitter: Naturally Ashley @bananaavenue


No comments:

Post a Comment