Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Love Truffles

I went to my friend Stephanie's house today to see two of my favorite little girls and give them some Valentines hugs and kisses (not the chocolate, real hugs and kisses!) While I was there, Averee was telling me about the Valentines treats she was making for all of her friends tomorrow- she's such a sweetheart! 

When I got home, I decided to make some healthy V-day treats for myself!  I have been craving chocolate truffles ever since I came back from Sedona.  They had a raw/vegan friendly restaurant called the Chocola Tree that had these amazing raw chocolates. My favorite was Lulu's Love Truffles - raw vegan perfection! 


                                         
                                                    -Lulu's Love Truffles


                                   The Chocola Tree - Sedona, Arizona

I tried to find a recipe online for raw chocolate truffles, based on ingredients similar to Lulu's Love Truffles.  I found one that was similar on Raw Food Recipes website -rawfoodrecipes.com, and adapted it to my taste.  I used almonds because that was what I had on hand, but next time will make them with hazelnuts! You can also add mint extract, coconut flakes or other ingredients to make them fun. I just wanted sweet and simple chocolate today though.  I ate half of the batch and saved three balls to enjoy tomorrow on Valentines Day. They reminded me of little brownie fudge balls. So good!

Here is my recipe, try them out and let me know how much you love them:



Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment